Slow Cooker Gumbo with Sausage, Chicken, and Shrimp
You have got to give this delicious Gumbo recipe a try!
What You Need:
- 1lb Chicken Breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1lb Smoked Sausage (kielbasa, farmers sausage, garlic sausage, etc)
- 1lb Shrimp, raw and shells removed (I left tails on for more flavor)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1 Hot pepper, (jalapeno, serrano, scotch bonnet, habanero, etc) (optional!!!)
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 3 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 C Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun spice (or more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/3 C Rice (cooked)
How To Make It:
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the shrimp and the rice.
- Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours, stirring occasionally
- In last hour of cooking, salt the shrimp lightly, and then add them to the crock pot
- In the last half hour of cooking, add the rice and stir. Replace cover. You want the rice just to warm through and take on some of the cooking flavors.
- Serve with crusty bread, and enjoy!
Recipe Source: https://www.tammileetips.com/crock-pot-gumbo-recipe/