Hawaiian BBQ Salmon Burgers
Hawaiian BBQ Salmon Burgers Ingredients:
Note: Makes 4 burgers
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (Mine favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Dash of sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh, raw salmon (skin removed)
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted (sub whole wheat sandwich thin OR Boston bib lettuce)
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed
- Lettuce (any type)
- Fresh or canned pineapple rings
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Hawaiian BBQ Salmon Burgers Directions:
- In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside for later.
- Add salmon to a food processor and pulse until its ground OR, you can also chop the salmon very finely with a knife.
- In a separate medium bowl, add chopped salmon along with the panko, parmesan and 2 tablespoons of the “Hawaiian BBQ sauce” from step 1, mix and combine with a spoon.
- Form into 4 equally sized patties.
- Heat a skillet (or grill) over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking.
- In a separate skillet heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and place the pineapple slices in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 mins on each side until golden.